Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Unsolved Mysteries.



No, you're not having Deja Vu from the old Lifetime show. It's my life. But, I suppose as the past (5 months tomorrow!) have been, it's just part of being a mommy. Trying to figure it all out. Trial and error. I've kept an explicit diary (per the doctor's orders) of EVERYTHING she's done since we left his office. Sunday and Monday were FANTASTIC. No tears, no arching of back, burps were a success, spitting was little (but "little" to us is probably big to other people!). And then, today struck. Sigh.

Ady started her carrots today for lunch with her sweet potatoes, which she LOVED. :) She actually pushed the sweet potato spoon away from me and just ate all of her carrots. Such a good girl. Not like mommy. Mommy very much dislikes carrots. Good thing Ady doesn't take after mommy in this :)


After lunch, our problems hit. She was very, very fussy, tired, having painful burps and spitting (yet again) a lot of her milk. I'm totally stumped this time. I haven't lowered her Prevacid dose yet. (I'm not brave enough to go back to one 15 mg tablet just yet). I figured she had been doing so well with two doses, why rock the boat? Now, I don't know? The past two days I've held her ALL day long. She's been very fussy and extra snuggly. I think that part may be her teeth. But, today the arching of her back and screaming again? I thought the 30 mg of Prevacid was going to be our saving grace. I guess with her case we can't expect it to perfect everything. Maybe the fussiness is her little tummy getting used to the carrots? Is this the same, mommies, as switching to new formulas? You and I both know we've had the run around with that. That may explain the fussiness, but it wouldn't explain the arching of back. That's the reflux. Sigh. Back to the drawing board. But, when she's not having her reflux moments of pain, she's the happiest little girl on the block :)


On to the next mystery to solve in the life of a mommy. :)

0 comments on "Unsolved Mysteries."

Post a Comment