Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inspector Gadget



I feel that this should be my new name. Over the past 15 days I've kept a detailed log of everything Ady has done. When she's played, when she's napped, when she's eaten, every time she's spit, etc, etc, etc. Actually, should I say I've played Inspector Gadget over the past (let's see she started her reflux issues at 3 weeks...) then it's been 17 weeks. Yikes. What a long time. That's enough to produce these incessent gray hairs that keep growing on my head :)

I wish I could tell you there's a pattern, but, sigh, I can't. One thing I have for sure noticed, though is: on the days she does NOT get 2 doses of Prevacid, she's restless. Not necessarily fussy, but restless. For example: yesterday she got one dose. She slept 20 minutes. ALL DAY. I tried to dance with her, pat her back, rock, walk around the house, (even got desperate and tried Tylenol! Gasp-I know!), nothing, nada. She got fussy in the morning/early afternoon but I don't think it was because of her reflux. I think she was tired. Around 4:00 yesterday she was a mess (partially due to lack of sleep). But, she was arching her back, screaming before she'd burp, etc, etc. Enough to make me just want to plead insanity. I hate it for her. I wish I could figure it out. Then, today struck and I'm stumped again.

If I could pick one day to do over again, it'd be today. No tears, just plain ol happy Ady! She got 4 GREAT naps! 35 minutes on 3 of them and one was a FULL 40 minutes. You can not even beging to imagine how happy this made me! I could tell it even made her feel better to sleep more. She ate every last bite of her cereal and pears this morning, her sweet potatoes and carrots at lunch, and her cereal and bananas at supper. Every last bite! She's going to be a food lover like her mommy! Wait. I'm picky, she's going to be a food lover like her daddy! :)

This morning I gave 3 oz formula with her morning breakfast. She spit very, very little. I thought there was a light! Then, after lunch she spit, and spit, and spit. I thought that was enough. Then, she had dinner. I gave her cereal and bananas. Oh, wait. I said she didn't cry today. She did then. She was STARVING. I couldn't feed her fast enough. When we finished that she couldn't wait for the milk. I usually try to wait a little bit before the bottle to help her digest it, but today she wasn't having it. I gave 3 oz at lunch too, but tonight she had 4 oz. And she wanted more. The only problem. She spit, and spit, and spit, and 2 1/2 hours later, spit, spit, spit. I'm stumped. I try to feed less so she doesn't spit as much and she's starving. I feed enough to (what seems like) fill her tummy and we're spitting fountains!

I'm very much hoping on Monday I'll have an answer. I also noticed today when I was changing her diaper she has a very small brown dot in her "private area". It worried me and Joseph told me I was overreacting. It actually looks like a birth mark, but I know it wasn't there before today. What could it be? Any ideas, mommies? Guess that'll be on the "list" of things to ask Monday. It's a good thing I have a very patient doctor :)

I'm off to play more Inspector Gadget, until I write again!

0 comments on "Inspector Gadget"

Post a Comment