Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Weekend With The Sickies.



I've been sick before since Ady has been born and it was horrible. I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. I realized that when mommy is sick, nobody is there to take care of her. I thought I had seen it all. Until this weekend. Thursday, Ady started getting congested something awful. (She's been congested since birth and a lot of that is due to reflux, but there are times it gets unbearable). She was having a hard time breathing, sleeping, eating, etc. She's got all that gunk just rolling down her face. Her eyes are watering, it's just awful. I thought it was allergies. Until Friday.

She started running a fever so I called her doctor. He said if she still had one Saturday morning, she needed to be seen. And to top it off, Friday I woke up feeling like death. Luckily, Joseph worked a half day and he took care of Ady so I could go to the doctor. I was diagnosed with an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. I thought things would be fine by Saturday. But, not so much. We had plans to go to Louisville Friday to celebrate my parent's birthday (that is tomorrow!). We hadn't been home since Christmas. But,
there was no going to Louisville on Friday. We learned one of the lessons all parents learn: Expect the Unexpected.

Ady woke up feverless Saturday morning, so we rushed into town and met my parents for lunch to celebrate. Ady was really good and we thought we were in the clear. But, that afternoon she wasn't her happy self and her fever returned. We made plans to take her to her pediatrician first thing Sunday.

I spoke with a nurse this morning and she said since she hadn't had a consistent fever she was okay to wait until tomorrow morning to be seen. I mentioned that I was sick and felt I was getting worse. (My chest started hurting AFTER I left my doctor's office. I think it's turned into "walking pneumonia". Nice.) She was concerned Ady's might have gotten into her lungs. Although most of the time doctors can hear through the stethescope, she knew the x-ray tech wouldn't be there today. Our only other option, if they needed an x ray, would be the ER. We most definitely didn't want that. So...tomorrow morning I'll be taking her. And, in the event there is time in the day, I may return back to my doctor. I started a fever this evening. Sigh....

One thing is for sure, it's no fun when mommy and baby are sick. Mommy takes care of baby, but who takes care of mommy?

0 comments on "A Weekend With The Sickies."

Post a Comment