Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The storm before the calm?


I am no longer going to say when things get better. Inevitably, they always get worse after I say it. This morning I had the bananas all ready for her to eat. I just couldn't give them to her. The consistency of me making them just didn't "feel" right for me. So, in a mad dash rush I ran as fast as I could to the store while Joseph was feeding her the cereal. (Which, might I add, she screamed the entire time he was feeding her. Mommy walked in, and she was fine). I bought store bought baby food of bananas. Just to try. I noticed when I bought it, the label said "second step". I was assuming they "recommended" bananas after the "first step" were used. Wrong. I don't even think I made eye contact with a store employee, I wore my pajamas, I was clearly not thinking the brightest. Well....I made it home, fed her the bananas. She LOVED them.


I noticed that she was acting full, but I persisted. I kept hearing the doctor saying, "eat, eat, eat solids, solid, solids". Then I offered her the bottle. She kept pushing it away. She didn't want it. So, she didn't get a morning bottle. Moral of the story: "second step" is a larger portion. She ate double what she "should" eat now. But, I"ll tell you one thing: she didn't spit much, (of course she will always be a spitter), and there was NO fussing or burps AT ALL. It was glorious.

This afternoon-not the same story. I fed her her yummy sweet potatoes for lunch and then only 4 ounces of formula. For 2 hours she spit, and spit, and spit again. The culprit? I think it's the milk.
She screamed her head off for 2 minutes when I was burping her. Once the burp came up, she was happy as a lark. Strange that this morning she was fine and had no milk in her system. The solution? I don't know. I know she has to be on milk. But, will soy or a different kind make a difference? She got a dose of 15 mg Prevacid last night and a dose of 15 mg Prevacid this morning. Hopefully, we'll see a better night and day tomorrow.

We took her on a date with mommy and daddy out to eat today and she was so much fun. We put her in the highchair and she spit all over the floor. The worker was hilarious and said, "oh, no!" Obviously, they're not equipped with babies :) Ha! We didn't think another thing of it. I don't know how to behave if my baby stops spitting!! I'm so used to having 5-6 extra bibs and burp cloths in my bag.

Maybe after she starts getting 2 solids before her lunch bottle I'll see a difference. On Tuesday, we shall see. By Friday she will be getting 6 solids. Can't wait! :) I hope so badly she'll start packing on those pounds :)

Can this please be the storm before the calm?

0 comments on "The storm before the calm?"

Post a Comment