Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Constant Changes


I'm learning that with a baby in the house, life is constantly changing. Ady is growing so fast. Check out some of her latest pictures.

Chewing on a saltine cracker wrapper:

Such a big girl: Trying to get her Aunt Heather's Dr. Pepper. She worked so hard! We've enjoyed lots of beautiful walks outside. She loves the sun, naturally! And, like mother like daughter, the sun makes her happy!


She's saying "buh, buh, buh". It's so precious. She is really developing just perfectly and responding to people (and dogs!) with her squeals and talking sounds. Last week she found a "monster voice". It was hilarious. I can't upload videos to my blog for some reason. But, just imagine a toddler trying to imitate a lion. That masculine, rough sound came out of my dainty little Ady for about 3-4 days :) It's so cute to watch her as she finds new sounds. I am so thankful for a healthy baby. I am so thankful for a now happy baby! We've paid our dues for sure!

Ady is back to taking her infamous 30 minute cat naps. It makes it very difficult to accomplish many tasks. But, most nights when I watch her sleeping I think, "Nothing else is really that much more important than watching her." She is so absolutely precious. I never imagined how much I'd love her. I always knew I would. I just didn't realize it'd be this deep.

She is eating just as much as before. At breakfast: cereal and a fruit with a 4 oz bottle. At lunch, two veggies (or one BIG jar of sweet potatoes). Let me rephrase it: lunch is sweet potatoes, always, with another veggie; and a 4 or 5 oz bottle. :) At supper she gets cereal and a fruit and a 4 oz bottle. And right before bed she gets an 8 oz bottle. Her spitting is a lot better and I can tell my little lady isn't quite so little anymore :(

She has been waking up a lot in the night. Not sure if it's reflux or teeth. She is still sleeping in her crib and oh, so precious. Look how precious this picture is:


Another change: Ady no longer likes TV. Mickey's Clubhouse used to be the only way I'd get a shower. No more! Jenny Jump Up and her Bumbo seat are the only ways I get a shower :)


I am thankful, more thankful than ever before for Ady. The other night I was holding her and just looked at her and had tears welling up in my eyes. I will never forget the day I left the doctor's office and she said, "You're at the right place. You never would have gotten pregnant on your own. But, we're here to help you." And then the night I took the pregnancy test. She has defied all odds. And as I deal with this pain and this mess that is continously growing in my body, I'm reminded just how special and how much of a gift Ady is to our family.

My surgery is scheduled for April 13. My doctor is out of town for a few weeks, so that's why I have to wait a while to have it. Please be in prayer for this surgery with us! We'll be leaving for the beach in a little over a week. I'm so excited to get some time to rest and relax in the sun before the surgery. And, sit by the ocean's waters and rest in the promise that even when everything else in our lives is constantly changing, whether good or bad, God is the only thing that will never change.

0 comments on "Constant Changes"

Post a Comment