Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Changes.



I am so thankful for Ady. Have I said that before? She has, literally, grown up over night. She's settled into a nice little routine. And, I know, now that we've got one, it'll change soon. In honor of the time change weekend, I thought I'd update all my followers of the changes we are experiencing right now.

1. She is happy! ALL. DAY. LONG. This means.....tada! Reflux is almost a thing of the past. She never, and I mean never cries anymore. In the past 4 days I haven't heard a peep out of her. Not one. This is what she was like until she was about 2-3 weeks old. We knew at around that age once she started screaming that something was up. She had been too good originally at birth. And now, she's reverting back to it. Wonderful :)



2. Very rarely does she spit. We had her photo shoot today and she had to be placed in the car immediately after the bottle. This means massive spitting. Or well, I guess I should say it used to mean massive spitting. Not. A. DROP! Not on the bib once I took her out of the car after the hour and 15 minute drive. And...very, very minimal during the photo shoot. I wouldn't even call what she did there spit. I guess for other parents they'd call it that. To us, it was nothing. Oh, reflux you have not been a friend to us. We are so happy to see you go.

3. Sleep, sleep sleep! Ady is in her crib full time now and LOVING it. I feel like all these changes started after we transitioned her. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. But, it's like she realized, "Hey! I'm 6 months old, I'm a big girl now!". She sleeps all through the night without waking up. Remember when she was waking up every 30 minutes or so screaming out in pain? The past 2 nights I haven't heard a peep. 3 nights ago she cried out twice. Once before I fell asleep around 11:30 and then about 4:30 AM. I watched her on the monitor (greatest invention of all time), and in less than 20 seconds she had gotten herself back to sleep.
It's almost as if Ady has learned to self soothe without me having to "teach" her how. Weird, I know. No complaints here. One happy mommy!

4. Sleep, sleep, sleep! Wait, I just said that, didn't I? Well, my once little cat napper has turned into a 2 hour napper. I'm afraid to type this. Afraid that tomorrow it'll be back to 30-40 minutes. She started this on Wednesday. Slept 2 hours for a morning nap. This is huge for me. I spent the first 5 months doing laundry, scrubbing bathrooms, vacuuming, mopping, making grocery lists, etc up until about 11:00 every night once Joseph was home to help me with Ady. Now that she's napping, I can do those things then.

5. Perfect. That hasn't changed. Duh. She's always been perfect :) She is the best baby ever. It's funny now that she's not screaming in pain or spitting I find myself thinking back to when her reflux problems first started. I cried, and cried, and cried ALL the time. It was incredibly frustrating. I was already dealing with mutltitudes of emotions from giving birth and then having a baby I couldn't console just fueled the fire. It's funny how easily you forget how bad it once was. I remember people saying, "it'll be over before you know it. It won't last forever." I honestly did not believe there was any possible way anyone could outgrow this. I truly didn't. But, she IS and she has!


Ady had her 6 month photo shoot at Tammy's today. She is an amazing photographer. If you need one contact her at www.tammylanham.com. She's fantastic! Ady was a little more interested in the surroundings than in flashing us that pretty smile, but as the pictures show, she's beautiful even if she's not smiling. The camera doesn't lie!

She just wanted to hang out:


Her eyes are STUNNING in this picture:


I just love this expression:



She was having lots of fun kicking :)


Could there be a cuter picture?


Joseph and I are experiencing some changes as well. We have some pretty big (and pretty tough) decisions to make soon. This past week was hard for us for various reasons, but we prayed harder and did a lot more "listening" for what God has in store for us. Although we are still uncertain of what to do, we are at a peace in knowing in His perfect time He will fill us with the answers. It's not just one decision, so it can be very easy to feel overwhelmed when there are multiple things that must be decided. For now, we are resting and trusting God. He was faithful before, He'll be faithful again. How can I look at this picture and not put my trust in Him again? The God who gave me a gift I never thought I'd have?

0 comments on "Changes."

Post a Comment