Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Start.


We started summer off Wednesday night by going on a picnic in the park.

Ady loved swinging.....


And going down the slide with daddy. She is an outdoor girl for sure!


Thursday morning Ady, Erin, and I headed up to the Gap Outlet near Cincinnati to do some shopping. She was hilarious. Pulling everything off the rack. If you've ever been there before, you understand how close everything is. I was a little nervous it'd be too crowded. Thank goodness we went on a Thursday. Me in the dressing room? Now, that was a sight to see. The stroller wouldn't fit in the room, so I had to put her blanket on the floor. And...she's mobile now. Trying to try on clothes and stopping a baby from crawling under the door and all over the nasty floors, now that was a task! She was a trooper, but really we all already know this! She loves to shop!


Friday night we went over the Joseph's parents. Ady was so good after having such a long day (and not a lot of sleep). She loved playing with all the tupperware!


and with daddy's blocks that have now been passed on to her :)



She took a quick little cat nap and then was up rolling the ball and ready to party until about 10:30!



Saturday, Sunday, Monday were all the same. Pool, pool, and more pool!


We got there around 11:30 each day and stayed until about 4:30 or 5. She took one 30-40 minute nap while we were there each of those days in her stroller. The rest of the time she was happy as a lark. I'm so glad I have a good pool buddy :) She loves the sun and the water! We're going to have such a fun summer! I know some of you are thinking I must be crazy. But, I was raised at the pool, and have spent every summer as far as I can remember in the sun all day long. My mom said to me today "She's your kid for sure!"


And the great thing about Ady's personality is, she's so adaptable. She'll go wherever and is so happy (not exactly how she started the first few months!), but she's truly the best baby. Can you tell I love her? :)


I have been saying for months now that she has been teething and I knew it was just anytime before she'd get her tooth. Friday, I asked my mom to feel and see if she felt anything, and sure enough, I felt too! Ouch! It's poking on through! And to celebrate she got to eat some puffs. :)


She couldn't figure out how to get it off the table because it was so sticky. It was so cute.


She LOVED them! I decided to start letting her have some "big girl" food. I figured she's ready for it. (I know my last post said I was going to wait to talk to the doctor). She ate a doughnut and loved it!



She loved Baby Mum Mum's (which is more like a teething biscuit), and when the food breaks off she chews down like she has a mouth full of teeth! So cute! I'm glad she is adjusting well to this new change. She's going to be a very easy baby to feed!


She loved her slushy by the pool. But, with all the sugar....who is surprised?


And she even got to have some sweet potato fries Monday night for dinner. She's growing so fast. I love love love feeding her all this new food. I do miss her being a baby though. But, she's so fun I can't be sad!


And.....she is going to be walking within a month. This is crazy. But, she takes steps and several at a time when you give her your hands. She will glide down the couch, pulls up on everything, and bounces :)


I love it. But, I am a bit surprised that she is doing this so early. But, then again, she was born on 90210 so I guess she can do whatever she wants :)


Her official nickname, (for those of you not following on Facebook), is Josie. She looks and acts so much like Joseph, it's really the only fitting name. I love the name Ady, but we'll be calling her Josie many times for sure! Many people will say to me "Just name the next one Josie." And you know if I do that....it will look nothing like Joseph! Ha! Speaking of other children.....

Joseph and I have been doing a lot of praying and haven't really felt much of a peace about anything regarding it. It's a long road and a lot to think of. We truly felt that God gave us an answer to hold off on surgery for a while back in March. We didn't want to do it, rush to try to conceive again, and it not be what's best for our family. And, I wasn't having the horrible pain that I had been in before. A huge part of me doesn't want to try. I don't want to go through month in and out of disappointment. It took a pretty big toll on me. Heck, it took a big toll on our marriage. But, I know that God has showed His power and might to those who are faithful, and He has been so good to us. I do not doubt what He is capable of doing again. However, I prayed so fervently for "one little miracle". When I go back to my prayer journal I can relive it all again and I remember. I remember just wanting to know what it would feel like to have a baby kick, to have all the emotions. At this time, we know that I will need to have surgery before we decide to try again. Regardless of the decision we make, I have had 2 doctors tell me I will need a hysteretomy before long. I guess "before long" can mean a lot of different things. It can be dependent on what we choose, what happens down the road, etc, etc. Regardless, I was told to try again to have my children now, not later. But, we are enjoying Ady and the joy of watching her grow, because for now, we don't understand, and we don't know what is best. But, each night we are praying for Him to lay on our hearts His plan, not ours. We know that whether He chooses to bring us a miraculous child again or He chooses for us to adopt the rest, His will is always better than ours. And sometimes, we just have to wait for His answer.


Thank you friends for your love for our little girl. We are blessed to have you to be a part of our story. May God always be given the glory for every good and perfect gift we've received.


And so, this is the start. The start of summer, the start of a new chapter in Ady's life, the start of of the next big thing God has in store for us. What it is, I don't know. But, I don't want to miss a second of it!

0 comments on "The Start."

Post a Comment