Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do.....


My poor Ady is experiencing temporary "break ups" from mommy. This started this past week, and I think taking her to the nursery is making it worse. She's realizing that sometimes I leave her for long periods of time. (I mean....it's only an hour, but you get my point). For the longest time I couldn't leave her with anyone because she was in so much pain and all her issues with her reflux, was way too much to burden anyone with! She's getting very upset whenever someone else holds her or I walk out of the room. I might be sitting across the table from her, talking to her and trying to make her smile, and she just wants mommy. I will admit, it makes me happy to know she loves me, but it breaks my heart to hear her cry. Aside from that, she's so very happy.
We dedicated her to the church this Sunday.We believe in what the Bible says, that every person must make their own decision and commitment before God and be baptized in His name. So, we made a public confession before our family, friends, and God that we would promise to raise her in the church and to help guide her spiritually. Our hope and prayer is that Ady will make this decision one day. She had a huge fan club there. This was just the family picture.
:)

I wish I had taken a picture of everyone else. I had a lot of friends there too! What a blessed little girl!

She sure does love her Gramme and Auntie!


She slept through the entire service. Poor thing!

We had an open house afterwards and it was quite the party! :) Standing room only! What a party! I didn't take one picture during the party. Just a couple before. Too busy being hostess I guess! I love these polka dot balloons, though!
But, I decorated these sugar cookies. Of course, they had initials on them :)
My mom made them. I can bake anything under the sun, but sugar cookies. So, she did that to help me out :) I made a couple cheesecakes and had several snack trays for the party. It was so much fun!!! Wish I had pictures to show. I am blessed with great friends and family!

I know that God has given her to us as a gift and that our job as parents is to prepare her for Heaven. I don't want to go there without her. This world is a scary place and I can't imagine not having Jesus. I hope that those of you reading this know what it means to have a true personal relationship with Him. :)
Sunday was such a special day for our family. I am so thankful for the godly foundation that my parents raised me up in and the legacy of generations before them. Tatay and Biggie stayed with us Sunday evening and we were so happy to get to spend some extra time with them. Of course, she made the dress Ady wore :) There is nothing, and I mean nothing, this woman can not make :)

Ady is growing like a weed. She's scooting and super wiggly. She loves to stand up, and has almost mastered pulling up on things all by herself. She will if I give her my hands, but she's just about able to do it on her own!

She is crawling in a circle and backwards, but has almost mastered the fast crazy crawl. I can not believe she has gotten so big. But, I am grateful, so grateful, for a precious and perfectly healthy baby. We are beyond blessed!

I am so thankful that I don't have to drop Ady off to daycare everyday, especially with this new "phase" she is going through. I do miss teaching, but the way I was treated at my former school for choosing to raise Ady instead, made me momentarily want to never teach again. But, God
gave me the gift of teaching and I know someday I'll go back to it. I know I'll find a great school once Ady is older, where my gifts and talents will be appreciated. For now, I know I will never regret the time that I have, and am, investing in her. She is worth everything I had to go through. It makes me sad that some people in this world can be so very cruel to others. It's a scary world to raise a baby in. Thank goodness we don't have to walk this road alone.


Thank you, my friends, who follow the "story of Ady" and encourage us along the way. This is the best gift we've ever received. :)

0 comments on "Breaking up is hard to do....."

Post a Comment