Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Eight.


Can you believe it? My baby girl is already 8 months old. Where does the time go? Too fast, that's for sure. She has captivated our hearts ever since the day I laid my eyes on her and I heard that precious first cry. I marvel at her absolutely perfect and funny personality. It's so much fun to watch her grow, to explore. I can't get over how smart she is. Last night we were playing with a toy gumball machine and she was watching the lever on the side as it made the front light up. I figured she wouldn't press it. And what do you know? About 5 minutes later, she had it figured out! Joseph says she's so smart because the only things I ate while pregnant were fruits, veggies, and lots of water. :)

Her 8 month photo shoot was quite funny. I decided to put her in a pink basket in the main room. What did she want to do? Look at everything else in the room. Haha.


But of course, her pink chair was the only way I got that smile for the picture :)




At 8 months, Ady is:
  • Laughing a LOT. She is laughing when nobody is watching her. She really entertains herself. We did a lot of yard work this weekend and she would sit on the sidewalk on a blanket and just start laughing. She loves looking at the leaves blow and she absolutely is obssessed with outside. I don't know where she gets it from :)
  • Eating. She is such a good eater. She really likes her fruits and veggies. For a long time, sweet potatoes has been the only thing she's wanted. Yesterday, I gave her squash without sweet potatoes, and to my surprise she made no funny face :)
  • Napping....well at least in the morning. On a good day, she naps for an hour and twenty minutes in the morning. (Although this is not everyday; somedays it's just 30!). This is her best nap of the day. She usually naps again for 30-40 minutes somewhere around 1-2 and then again (maybe!) around 5-6 for about 30-40 minutes. But, I'm okay with her not napping a lot. Her mommy is NOT a napper. I never have been. When I went to college I was actually shocked at how many people napped. It was not something I was used to. Needless to say, I never learned. But, I am too busy to have time to nap now, even if Ady does! She doesn't fall asleep at night until around 9-10. She's turned into quite a little night owl :) But, she still usually wakes up around 7:00 each morning; she's done this for about as long as I can remember.
  • Playing, with absolutely everything. A ziploc bag, her paci clip, any doll, or anything else she can get her hands on. :)
  • Smiling. She smiles ALL the time. I am blessed to have such a happy baby who is truly loving life. She loves being around people. :)
  • Reflux. Unfortunately, she's still on 2 15mg Prevacid doses every day. My hope is to get down to one 15 mg dose, given twice a day (in half doses). She doesn't spit much at all though. I am so used to keeping bibs on her, but she really doesn't need them like she used to. Yay!
  • Growing. She's getting a little bit chunky! My once tee tiny infant that stayed that way for almost 4 months, is now a chunky, but healthy baby! I love it. We went shopping for some new clothes the other day and I got her some new Sunday shoes. We were trying lots of them on (and by the way...no surprise..she was loving it!), and I couldn't get over how chubby her feet were. Haha. So sweet.
  • She's very go with the flow. I know I'm way behind in finally doing this, but every Sunday we take Ady to church and she has always sat with us. I have almost took her to the nursery a dozen times, but I always had an excuse. For about 4 1/2 months, it was reflux and her being so unhappy. Then I just didn't want to because I enjoyed being around her all the time. For the past month we've been out of town either on vacation or in Louisville. Anyways, I decided this time I was doing it. We go to the 8:30 service and I was certain that Ady would be up and playing the whole time. I was wrong. I left her yesterday morning, she had no tears. I kept checking the screen for her number, but it never appeared! We went to pick her up and she was sound asleep in her teacher's arms. She said that she was perfect and had been asleep at least 30 minutes. My baby? Falling asleep peacefully with someone else? If you understood how bad it was for months and months, you'd understand how I still second guess this. I don't know when I've been more proud of Ady. I am so happy! I know that she needs to be there. She needs to meet her church friends. :)
  • Crawling....well it's on hold. I'm not sure if this is "normal" or not, but about a month ago she was starting to crawl, but it seems that she is no longer interested. She often will be sitting up and I'll walk out of the room and come back to find her on her tummy looking up at me smiling. She scoots, but can't seem to get her arms moving. She is so strong that I just can't seem to figure it out. Oh well. Can any mommies out there relate?
  • Walking...It won't be long. She loves for me to hold her hands and she tries to walk. She is pulling up on a lot and growing so big!

Her 1st birthday party is already planned! Those of you who know me well are not surprised at all :) Her outfit, the invitations, all the decorations (believe me, there's a lot!), all the food, etc. I know I'll blink and it'll be here. Don't make plans for the Saturday of Labor Day weekend-September 3 (the day after her birthday), we plan on hosting the social event of the year!

Eight months and I've loved every second.


0 comments on "Eight."

Post a Comment