Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hold Your Horses!



Ady is growing so fast. Slow down! This week she learned to pull up all by herself. It was so cute watching her look at the chair by our island. She kept looking at it and finally mustered up the courage to try. Of course I had a picture of her once she got up there, but didn't get to video when she was actually doing it. I videoed her several times after to see if she'd do it again on camera. But, she got distracted by a dog, or my foot, or a speck of food on the floor :)


She has figured out how to crawl to go after something. Remember I thought she was figuring this out before our vacation? Well, she stopped showing interest. She doesn't like being on her tummy. But, if she is on it, she'll scoot backwards. So cute. When she sits up and wants to get something out of her reach, she'll crawl to it. She hasn't quite figured out that she can do that to get around the house. I give it a week. She loves scooting on the kitchen floor, though and opening up cabinets (yes, we're already to this point!) and getting her favorite toys out: tupperware!


She is moving EVERYWHERE. She is not content to just sit. If you sit by her on the floor, she climbs all over you. If she's within reach of anything, she'll try to pull up. Such a fun time!!




She has also learned how to wave "bye bye". Oh. My. Gosh. It is the cutest thing ever. I have noticed that Ady kind of does a princess like wave (duh!), and has for several months. But, I didn't really know if she was making the connection that you do that when you say "hello" and "bye bye". Anyways, we went to a wedding on Friday and she started waving to people. I got THE cutest video of her doing it.....



Speaking of the wedding, Ady was the star. It was a pretty small wedding, but a friend of Joseph's from work got married and invited us. The grandmas and women there were just loving her. So much in fact, they wanted to hold her.....


And my little separation anxiety ridden Ady, didn't cry at all! We walked through the reception and she kept waving. She was so proud of herself for learning to do that :)


We had a yard sale Saturday morning. It was quite a success. I don't ever want to do it again though. Maybe it's because I was sick. I had a cold all last week, but Friday started feeling horrible. I knew it was a sinus infection. We couldn't miss the wedding and I didn't want to take Ady into the doctor's office since she had been sick. I just didn't want to risk her picking something else up. Joseph had plans to play in a softball tournament all weekend and I knew he wouldn't miss it so I could go to the doctor. I decided to leave the yard sale early while Ady was taking a nap, and I rushed to Urgent Care. And of course, you guessed it, it was a sinus infection. I made it back right around noon. Just in time for Joseph to head out to his game. If you understand how serious Joseph is about softball (he even missed our anniversary to play!), you will know how shocking it was to me when at 3:00 I got a phone call saying, "I'm coming home." I about fell over in disbelief! He was so sick he said he just couldn't stand playing. Again, this is very rare. He started running a fever, so he slept all afternoon while I played with little Ady and went through 2 boxes of tissues.....

I was given an antibiotic, Omnicef, which I will forever refer to now as "Satan's pills" After being up all Saturday night and Sunday morning getting sick, I spent the remainder of the day Sunday with extremely severe stomach cramps and feeling so dizzy. It was horrible. I have never been so sick before. Luckily, I called an Urgent Care that was open on Sunday and the doctor approved my request for another antibiotic. She told me I had an allergic reaction to it and to never take it again. Don't worry, doc. I won't. Sunday night I finally felt like my stomach was someone back to a normal state and I didn't feel like I was either going to vomit or faint, and then...I started aching all over. Sure enough, I started to run a fever. I very, very rarely ever run a fever. So when I do, I know there's something going on. I fell asleep in a fetal position on the couch around 8:30. Joseph was a lifesaver. He was feeling better so he put Ady down for me. I really hope that little Ady doesn't get it. Poor thing. It's tough when mommy and daddy are sick. Makes me wish to be a little closer to home to have grandparents to help out. Oh well, it makes us more appreciative and stronger I suppose. We were a bunch of sickies all weekend. No fun.



We are looking forward to the pool opening this weekend; the happiest weekend of the year! From now on Ady and mommy will be pool side sunbathing! :) We have a busy and fun summer ahead of us with another trip to the beach to end the summer in August. I can't wait. She'll be running all around the beach then. For now, we're loving this exciting time in our lives. It is so much fun to watch her learn to do new things every single day. But, my heart just broke when I saw this picture the other day:


How in the world did my little 6 lb 4 oz bundle of joy turn into this?


I can hardly remember that time! Hold your horses, Ady! Don't grow too fast! :)

0 comments on "Hold Your Horses!"

Post a Comment