Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How sweet it is...


....to be loved by you! I am amazed at how much more I fall in love with Ady each day. She is growing and if I blink, I'll miss something. It makes me beyond grateful that I get to stay home with her each day and watch her talk and giggle and move around. She is becoming so mobile! "They" say babies crawl between 6-9 months. I think she'll be crawling within the next month. Today I put her on her tummy and she was moving both of her legs like crazy. Watch out, world! She's on the move!

I have reminisced at how miraculous it was to feel her moving inside of me and looked at hundreds of pictures that tell just how tiny this baby was when she was first born:


She was so small. I remember feeling very scared. I didn't know what I was doing. But, one thing I knew for sure was that I would spend every second for the rest of my life protecting this precious little life. I think my face shows just a little of that emotion :)




Ady is in Stage 2 diapers, eating cereal 2 times a day and eating solids for lunch. As of right now our feeding schedule is as follows:


7:30 Cereal
8:00 Bottle
10:00 She gets her Prevacid, which shes LOVES :)
11:30 A Veggie or fruit
12:00 Bottle
4:00 Bottle
5:30 Cereal-Sitting at the dinner table with mommy and daddy looking so big :)
6:30 Apple/Prune Juice
8:30 Night time bottle. Which...tada! Lasts until 7:30 or 8 the next morning.


We had thought right after Christmas that our nights were so rough because she was waking up hungry in the night (she had already been doing 11-12 hours between night time bottles at that point). So, with the advice of some friends we decided to wake her at midnight and feed her. It worked one night I think. Then, I've spent the past 3 weeks about to pull my hair out from exhaustion. She'd wake every 30 min-hour literally. I have come to find out that prior to the midnight bottle she was teething (which was causing all those wake up times!). She really didn't need more food. So, last week I decided I wouldn't wake her up and if she needed a 3 am bottle, well...we'd deal with it. And guess what? Little lady went 11 hours 20 minutes. I think waking her must have disturbed that sleeping pattern. Last night she was up a lot. I think her gums are hurting her again. But, she is such a big girl. SO happy ! We had a long road to get to this point! I'm very very thankful to have a baby no longer screaming out in pain.

Currently, Ady is not really sleeping much during the day. She cat naps 3-4 times a day 20-40 minutes each time. She's staying awake a lot more and having so much fun watching mommy cook. I'm telling her all about it :) She loves her cereal, can't get enough of it! Sweet potatoes were a hit, avocados weren't. Why did I even try? They smell gross. I didn't even try to force it. I just wanted to gag. I just took some sweet potatoes already made that were in the freezer and we called it a day! I mad2 12 servings of applesauce this afternoon. We'll try that the next 3 days. But, she LOVES her apple juice so I know it'll be a hit :)


Next on the menu and in mommy's pantry to cook up and freeze: butternut squash, green beans, carrots, mango, pears, bananas. Yummo!

Have I mentioned how much I love this little girl?


I am truly blessed beyond measure.

0 comments on "How sweet it is..."

Post a Comment