Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Easier.


Whoever (or whomever) said a mother doesn't work was seriously misunderstood. I will, however, say that it is getting easier. I have learned a lot over the past four months. I am getting the juggling down. You know the never ending laundry, the dishes, the vacumming, the cleaning the floors after my dogs bring in mud, letting 3 dogs out, letting 3 dogs back in, making bottles, feeding Ady, cleaning bottles, changing diapers, trying to squeeze in a shower each day, making supper for Joseph, whew! It's no easy task! My mom mentioned to me the other day that I had basically done this all on my own (with the help of Joseph at nights, of course). I never really stopped to recognize it. I didn't have a mom in town who could come whenever I needed to watch her or stay up at night so I could get some rest. Granted, my mom would've come if I'd asked and she has come a few times, but for the most part I've done it on my own. Realizing that makes me proud. I can do it! I've done it! Now I can have more. Only kidding about that part. Some days I'd love the thought of more children. Then others, I can't imagine loving another child more. I know this is something every mother goes through. For now, I am trusting that in God's infinite wisdom and perfect timing, He will place a child into our lives in His perfect way. I am too busy now enjoying the joy this little girl is bringing to my life. Ady loves to do patty cake. She cracks up whenever I sing it: Joseph took a day off work to spend with us earlier this week. We stayed in our pj's and snuggled with Ady all day. And snuck in a completed family photo with our 3 doggies :) The cereal was getting easier. Today, she didn't want it until after her bottle, which poses a problem. When placed in her highchair at that angle after a feeding everything spits out and she cries in pain. Oh well, such is life. We'll figure it all out soon :) Here are a few pictures to recap the last several feedings: She really just wants to use her fingers, not her spoon: She is such a happy and precious girl. I am truly blessed. I just can't thank God enough for her. Last night I snuck a peek of her in her "baby hammock". She looked just like an angel: So what if it's an 8 degree wind chill, inside we are dreaming (and planning) our trip to the beach. She looked so stinking cute in this outfit. Soon, daddy will move us to a place a little more tropical where we can enjoy this weather all the time :) I think now she's got this camera thing down. She's looking at it and working it :) Aunt Stella wanted a picture of Ady in the bow and adorable socks she got her for Christmas. And, it just so happened the onesie Miss Erin got Ady for Christmas went perfect with the combo :) Ady has been, for a while, obsessed with the mirror. I got some funny pictures of her today, but this one is pretty cute :) She's a little bit "nosey" like my dad would call it. Into what is going on! I have no idea where she gets this from....
Ady falls asleep pretty early at night. Usually between 6-6:30. Well....let me rephrase that. Right now, that's what she's doing. But next week it might be a completely different story. Joseph usually rocks her to sleep while I'm cleaning up from dinner. Tonight, I wasn't feeling well so I cleaned up dinner while Joseph was eating since I didn't eat anything. I had Ady and was in her room getting ready to rock her to sleep (I know, I wasn't going to do that anymore, but oh well. Sue me. I rock my baby to sleep and -gasp-even held her the entire time for her 3 hour nap the other day). I put her in her "position" to be rocked, you know? The one where she knows that's what is going to happen. I'm with her all day, and do you know what she did? Cried. Boo hoo'd. Joseph scooped her up and she balled herself up in his arms. Broke mommy's heart, in a good way. She just wanted her daddy to put her to sleep. And luckily she has the best little daddy who couldn't think of anything else in the world more important than doing just that. :)

0 comments on "Getting Easier."

Post a Comment