Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just a sip....




We had a snow day today, but unfortunately I did not check the news and got myself up and was already driving to school before I realized. I was so upset! I woke up at 2:30 this morning and was up until 4. When I finally fell asleep it was the best most undisturbed sleep I've had in a while. When my alarm went off, I hardly had the energy to get up, but I did. I have felt a sudden decrease in energy. It was very bad at the beginning, but seemed to get better, now I'm back to feeling so tired. All I want to do is sleep.

Luckily, the headaches went away, but a nasty sore throat has taken it's place this afternoon. I think I can have cough drops. Does anyone know this? I would like "just a sip" of an iced chai tea latte.
Two reasons 1.) It would feel so great to my throat. 2.) CAFFEINE. I have done very well at giving up caffeine, but there are moments when I would just love to have it to keep me going. This sacrifice is well worth it, but I will enjoy when I can have some.

Today I spent some time doing some online window shopping. I found some cute maternity clothes for the spring/summer, but didn't buy any yet. I can't wait until I actually have a belly! I can tell my pants are getting snug and there's a tiny little belly but I think I just look fat to others! I also filled out a pregnancy journal my sweet friend Mrs. Pittman (my preschool teacher and mother's best friend), sent to me a few days ago. I opened it up today and filled in the pages of what's happened so far. I am so glad to have this to look back at one day. It seems like it's an eternity before my sweet baby will be here, but I am learning to be patient.

I'm gearing up for a VERY busy weekend! Tomorrow Caden is coming to visit and wants to spend Friday night at Gattitown in his p.j.s's! We picked up a pizza when I was in Louisville a while back and both wore our p.j.'s. He just thought that was the funniest thing. It's little moments like this when I am so thankful for such a precious Caden. He is the closest thing I know to compare what it will feel like when I finally have my own baby. Saturday I have to take Chance and Charlie to the vet, work at a carnival at work for an hour or so, then lunch with a friend. Whew. I will be ready for a taste of some slowness by the time Sunday rolls around.

TWO weeks from TODAY I get to have my next ultrasound. I can't wait to see how much sweet pea has grown!

And old man winter....haste la vista. I'm ready for spring and SUN.

1 comments on "Just a sip...."

Ashley Harper on February 26, 2010 at 7:49 AM said...

I'm SO glad to hear that you are feeling a little better! A couple things for ya:
1.) Yes, you can have cough drops (I know Halls are ok) and garggling with warm salt water helps too.
2.) Did you know that it's ok to have SOME caffeine? I know you can have like two sodas a day before you get close to the max...? Just a thought in case you were desperate! haha
3.) You are going to be ADORABLE with your belly! I cant wait to see pictures! Be sure to take lots...it grows SOO fast! And, you will be sooo cute in all of the spring/summer maternity clothes. I've gotten lots of great things at Old Navy, Target, and The Gap. They have cute stuff, and its not too expensive.

Post a Comment