Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Top Ten.



Yep. She's 10 months old. I just can't believe it. It's gone too fast. The Top Ten for Ady this month:

1. Teeth. She has 3 bottom teeth. Most babies cut 2 at the bottom, then 2 at the top. Well...she is a girl of fashion. Of course she can beat to her own drum and cut teeth however she wishes, right? :)

2. Food. Well sayonara baby food. it's been nice knowing you. She is officially a toddler. Eating noodles, chicken nuggets, french fries (I know, I'm such health conscience mom, aren't I??), she'll eat "big girl" carrots, sweet potatoes, LOVES rolls, cinnamon rolls, Cheerios, animal crackers, vanilla wafer, etc, etc, etc.


The only problem. She hates baby food. I stopped trying to force it to her. And currently this week (this post is a little late, so sorry!), she will only eat Cheerios and Puffs. Oh, well! I love watching her explore new foods.
She ate her first happy meal a few weekends ago when we were on the way to Nashville The next day, she had Wendy's. She ate 4 chicken nuggets. We've gone out to several restaurants and even ordered her her very own meal one night. You may think I'm crazy because she's only 10 months, but I'm telling you...the girl can flat eat. I'm feeding a toddler, not a baby. Makes me sad and happy all at once. It does make going out much easier. She can eat off my plate too. She absolutely loves a place that serves rolls. She is her mommy's girl :)

3. Walking. She will walk from one thing to another, down the couch, around the coffee table, etc, etc. If you hold her she crawls all over you and stands up. She is a busy, busy girl. She was walking with her baby doll stroller a few weeks ago.


She stood for just a few seconds by herself and we were able to capture it :)


4. Sleep. She went through about a week of no naps. I'd get 20-3o minute ones here and there. For about 2-3 weeks her nights have been horrible. She'll wake up every 30 minutes-an hour screaming out. I think tooth #4 is soon to come up. She's slept in our bed many, many nights. But, she does have nights when she sleeps just fine.

5.
Talking. She loves to talk. She is definitely a social bug. When we are out in public people always laugh at her. She loves to smile at them and make all kinds of noises.



6.
Personality. She is definitely a funny girl. She is going to be the class clown, just like her daddy. She is so happy. People always ask me if she's always as happy as she seems. The answer, yes. When she's not feeling well from her teeth or overly tired, she'll go through cranky spurts. But, she is a very happy well rounded little girl :)



7. Clothes. She can still wear 6 month onesies. How, I don't know. A few weeks ago I went on a shopping spree and "restocked" her wardrobe. The onesies fit her, but whenever I dress her, I notice that they are a little snug around her arms. So, I decided it was the perfect excuse for a shopping trip. They are so cute on her. But, really. She could wear a paper sack and look cute. :)

8. Development. She loves to clap when we do, put her hands in the air when she's happy, wave bye bye, and wave to people. We're working on blowing kisses. I can't wait until she learns this! She has mastered the art of fast crawling, and it appears each day she adds more speed.

9.
Emotionally. She has been very anxious to be without me lately. While we were in Nashville she would only go to my mom and I. Anyone else made her cry. It made me so sad, but I think she's starting to become more aware of her surroundings and that sometimes I leave her (although it's rare).

10. Perfect. But, you already knew that :) Here are some photos from the 10 month photo shoot. It was quite entertaining. She is very difficult to photograph now. Too busy. But, still so cute :)

We had a great 4th. I LOVED Ady's dress :)

We stayed in Lexington and my parents came up with Caden. We had a great time. We're so blessed to have such a healthy and precious baby girl.

Thanks for sharing this journey with us. We love our precious little Adyline! :)

0 comments on "The Top Ten."

Post a Comment