Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Quick Update!




I may not ever get this parking spot again, so I wanted my picture by it today :) 

Ready for our adventure? Today's ultrasound shows Henry back on track, not looking like a large baby (whew....and mommy breathes a sigh of relief!). If they are basing my measurements on my last menstrual period (which is not a good indicator anyways since after surgery there was a lot of spotting and back and forth irregularity....), then I'm "technically" only 34 weeks. Today, he measured at 35. Ady was born at 37. So where does that put Henry? Almost 2 weeks away. This is good news. Especially because, we want him healthy. 

I did not see the doctor today because it was just an ultrasound. But, we waited forever. Ady goes with me to every appointment (another time it would be lovely if we lived in the same town as Gaga!), and is usually so so good. They all love her, but today, bless her heart, after an hour and 1/2 of just waiting she was done. Joseph was there with me, thankfully, or I think I would've never made it. Once I made it to the ultrasound the tears came on. She doesn't like watching them do anything to me (which is why Gaga is on call to come and keep Ady from knowing anything is happening to mommy before Henry comes into this world!). Henry was, once again, " a little stinker " as the tech called him because he has yet to show us his face again the last 3 ultrasounds. He is balled up so tight and puts that hand over his face. I did see his little cute button nose that looks just like Ady, though :) When I had an ultrasound in the hospital a week ago last Monday his head was so far down it was pushing on my cervix causing me to dilate. Staying off my feet is helping, but today she could see the top of his head, which told her, he's messing with our heads and not trying to come out just yet :)

At my last ultrasound he was weighing a little larger than what they like to see for that time, hence the reason for today's visit. It appears he just went through a growth spurt because he seems right about where he should be. Weighing at 5.4 pounds. "They" say babies grow about .5 lb a week, so if he arrives in about 2 weeks (which is what the thinking is now), he'll weigh around 6 lb, which is what his sister did at birth :) Sidenote-today there was a baby that weighed almost 8 lbs in the waiting room and I could've sworn it only weighed 4. He was so tiny. For those of you who met Ady as a brand new infant, you can remember. She could literally ball herself up in the palm of both hands and fit. Hard to believe she was ever that small! It will be nice to have another little teeny tiny baby to hold again :)  

I mentioned to the tech that last week I had lost my plug and she said, "Do they know???". I told her they didn't seem concerned and she said for some pregnancies it can mean you labor pretty quickly (like I did with Ady), but sometimes it's up to 3 weeks. Well, y'all. Today marks week 1. If we go to 2 more weeks that'll put him right about "full term" and that'd be perfect. I have an appointment next Thursday and then the following Thursday. The hope is-he stays through to the 2nd Thursdays visit. But, we know that regardless of if he comes now or in a week, or 2 weeks, or even 4 weeks, he will be perfectly fine. 

I've been quite confused since one visit had me 8 weeks off, another 2 week back, then 2 ahead, etc, etc. And I'm sure everyone reading this is too....So for now-we've decided to stop calculating our dates and times and just wait on him to come, knowing that we are out of the "danger" zone and that it appears his weight is just absolutely perfect. Dr still wants me to "take it easy", but today the tech said "go walk him out, girl!" (I think she thinks he's coming soon, but of course she can't say so). For now, I"m going to hope he holds off so we can celebrate the princesses' birthday on Saturday with our family and friends and then her actualy birthday on Sunday. :) I'm looking so forward to the perfect "Pinkalicious" party :)

It's so hard to believe that this Sunday, 2 years ago, this picture was taken:


Why did I blink? She is so big. Time, just slow down :) 

Looking forward to adding one more to this picture here in the next few days/weeks (and hoping Betsy will be working when Henry is born. Loved, loved, LOVED her!) 




We'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the prayers. God is good, all the time.

0 comments on "A Quick Update!"

Post a Comment