Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Terrible Two's



No, Ady's not a two year old yet. I'm talking about the two teeth. The teeth that come in pairs. You know, those teeth we thought were in months ago? Mommy is calling out in desperation for them to sprout up and come on!

The past several days have not been the best for my little princess. I had originally thought that it was due to lowering her Prevacid dose. And, in fact, it may be a part of it. I know that she doesn't need to be on 30 mg much longer (it's not recommended until a child is 60 lbs!!), so I'm going to try and 1/2 a 15mg dose and give her one in the morning and one in the afternoon. But, I'm going to wait a bit. We're at a little standstill.

Yesterday Ady cried all day. This is no exaggeration. And then when Joseph came home, I cried. I felt like I was having some Deja Vu when all my baby used to do was scream out in pain. She didn't burp, so I knew it wasn't related to her reflux. I think it was (and still is) her teeth. She'd begin chewing on something and then scream, and I mean scream out. I took her on a walk, we went in the front yard, back yard, looked at every toy and doll she had. I even fed her double the amount thinking she was hungry. Guess what happened? She spit, and spit, and spit. So, she wasn't hungry. Finally before my LifeGroup came over, I caved and tried Motrin for the first time. Tylenol has never worked for her. Luckily, she had no reaction. And she was happy, happy, happy. It has the adverse affect on her (as does Tylenol). It doesn't make her sleepy, it makes her very, very hyper!

Today has been better, but we're not there yet. I just now gave her another dose of Motrin because she's just been fussy. Any time I walked out of the room she screamed, and screamed, and screamed. I think she's partly fussy because she is so very tired. She lasts about 30 minutes onces she's up from one of her mini cat naps (20-40 minutes), and then she's screaming again. It breaks my heart. Is this normal for teething babies? I need some mommy advice!

I really hope she gets feeling better soon. We have an insanely busy weekend ahead of us. And nobody likes to be around an unhappy baby :(

I don't know where my happy Ady is. If you find her, will you please bring her back? Her mommy really misses her!

0 comments on "Terrible Two's"

Post a Comment