Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Put a little holiday in your heart



Christmastime is here! We spent our Friday evening at our very good friends house, Heather and Brett, for a couples Tacky Christmas sweater party. We had an absolute blast!

Ady even had on a tacky sweater!

She was so happy to see her Aunt Heather :)


We had an absolute blast seeing all our friends and playing a very competitive game of Catch Phrase! (One that we, the girls, lost by a HAIR in the last second). I feel a rematch coming soon! But, my FAVORITE part of the night was Ralph the Elf. Let me explain....

When I was a little girl "Ralph the Elf" would call our house around Christmastime. He always knew what I wanted for Christmas and he also would remind me to follow the rules. He'd remind me to vacuum the house or clean the bathrooms, make my bed, etc. I looked forward to his call EVERY year. Caden is on the verge of questioning Santa and when I heard about it, I knew we had to do something. Ralph the Elf (or his character) passed away years ago. Joseph decided he would become Ralph. After about an hour of practicing (and LOTS of laughs!) we just decided that it sounded too much like him. He just couldn't disguise his voice well enough. So, Brett was our Ralph last night. We have it on video of him calling and it is precious. At first Caden didn't believe it was real. He thought it was Austin and asked for Ralph's "identification". Haha!! And after his call, it's all Caden has been able to talk about.

This morning I called Caden and he said, "Bekah, guess what? An elf from the North Pole called me last night! He said Santa wanted to make sure he knew what kind of Lego set I wanted. He told me not to leave the reindeer BreadnButter pickles, but dill ones. He knew all about Ady. And guess what! He said I was on the NICE list!" If ever I needed the magic of Christmas back into my life, there it was.

Him and Ady had a matching pj picture session today with Tammy at her home. And the magic and wonder of the season is so evident on his face. He is STILL talking about the elf from the North Pole who called him.

Enjoy the magic of this season.

0 comments on "Put a little holiday in your heart"

Post a Comment