Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A picture says a thousand words



Well, readers. She's done it again! We took Ady for her 3 month pictures with the fabulous Tammy Lanham on Monday. And Tammy, once again did absolutely beautiful work!

I was very nervous about how it'd all go. We had about an hour and 15 minutes travel time and had to coordinate it with feeding, traveling, getting a nap in so she'd be happy, making sure she'd still get her medicine in the morning around time of pictures (but not too soon before the feeding). So, I was a little antsy trying to make it all perfect. I'm learning as I go, that things just aren't going to be perfect. My perfectionist ways are slowly diminishing. It's funny how I used to perfect myself before leaving the house. Now, I might look like an old dish rag, but Ady will look like a million bucks! Well, she could wear a brown paper sack and she'd still look like a million bucks :)

Check out some of the pictures.....



She's even cute when she cries....



And then some pictures of her in her handmade smocked dress made by her "Tatay":

But I do believe if ever a picture could bring tears to my eyes, it'd be this one:


It says it all. What a precious little gift from God.


This morning I had to go back to the ob and they were all in love with Ady and how much she'd grown since I saw then in October. Dr. Karon was just in love and Ady was giving her those big smiles she shows :) She must've known how well she took care of her and her mommy for 9 months.

After the doctor visit, Gramme wanted to take Ady to Build a Bear and make her the "Clarice" reindeer from Rudolph. We dressed her in a polka dot outfit and polka dot shoes. It was so much fun. Ady slept through the entire thing. But don't worry, sweet girl. There are plenty more Build a Bear trips in your future :)

She had too much going on today and by the time she woke up at the mall while Gramme was in Bath and Body Works, she was done. Poor little girl is SUCH a good baby, BUT when she can't get a good nap in she just isn't. I'm learning that she just really requires a lot of sleep.

On Sunday, Ady and Caden got to meet Santa! Ady has the most precious little smiles, but did she flash them for Santa? No. I was trying to get her to smile and she couldn't see me. Just the man ringing bells trying to get her to smile. She was not feeling the bells. So instead of a smile, she just looks confused.
However, she resembles her Bampe in this picture so much! She looks like her daddy, Bampe, mommy, cousin Caden, and grandpa Joe at times. She's a woman of many faces!

Our Christmas cards are complete! Should be here by mid next week and in the mail (yikes) by the 18th or so. I just cried and cried as I was creating it. It's really amazing what a difference a year makes.

Christmas is so crazy and busy, but I hope that you know the true meaning of the season. It's very easy to get caught up in the parties, food, gifts, and craziness. But, it's really ALL about a tiny baby that came to SAVE the world.

We love our little Ady and are so looking forward to spending our first Christmas at home as a family, finally complete.
We will be in Louisville for the early Christmas Eve service, and then back home in Lexington that afternoon to make cookies for Santa and a birthday cake for Jesus. We're starting new traditions for our family this year. I'll get to sleep in my house on Christmas Eve and wake up knowing that the best gift is already here....it's my precious Ady. A special little girl who was worth the long wait.

0 comments on "A picture says a thousand words"

Post a Comment