Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye, Hello!


Since my last post we have said "Goodbye!" to 2011 and "Hello!" to 2012. 2011 was a wonderful year for us. I learned more about the power of God, prayer, and tithing than I ever could have imagined. Joseph and I learned to "sacrifice" and learned all the things we could do without so I could continue to stay home. We continued to tithe, even when we didn't have the money. And because of this, the Lord has poured blessing upon blessing over our family and provided more opportunities for us than we could've ever imagined.

During this year, I experienced the joy of celebrating and reminiscing the birth of our precious Ady for her 1st birthday. And I learned why my mom always made such a big deal on our special day; for it isn't so much about growing older as it is the mom celebrating the miraculous night their child was born! :)
We also, during this past year, went through many, many valleys. Many tears were shed and we many times wondered what God was doing. Last summer we had the plan for our lives to move back home. Thank God, though, that He always knows what is best. So many times I think of how much easier our lives would be if we did not have to travel (although it's just an hour, it can be difficult with a child, dogs, and more luggage than imaginable!) to visit family, but I see that 4 years ago, the Lord knew He was protecting us by this move. And He continues to leave His protective hands around us and keep us put. Joseph is an incredibly talented architect and I am confident he could have already found a job where we wanted to be, but we know that we are exactly where God intended us to stay.

Had we moved last summer (like we wanted), I would've left the greatest doctor for my care, Dr. Karon. She has been an immense blessing upon our lives. It would be so difficult for me to find another doctor like her. We would've missed out on some unexplainable and indescribable opportunities that have come our way. We would've missed the most wonderful church that we call "home", but mostly we would've missed all the wonderful friends that we have been blessed with. God has kept us in Lexington for His purposes. And where our family is not, our friends fill that void. Ady has some of the greatest (non-blood) "aunts" ever! :)

This Christmas flew by. It was busy and crazy, but it was so much fun. Ady had a wonderful time in Nashville visiting Tatay and Biggie:
And looking at Opryland :)
And visiting with Papa and Ginia:
And visiting with Joseph's family for their Christmas (all within a 24 hour period. Yikes!)
We had a very relaxing and memorable Christmas Eve. I caved and let her open her presents from us so that she could have them to play with. I decided that we'd go to my mom and dad's house Christmas afternoon so I wanted her to have all day to play before we traveled (again!). She loved them!
Then she got her new "Tatay Christmas" smocked dress on and we went to church.

Poor baby girl was so tired, she barely made it :)

And then we started a tradition that will never stop for our little family. We did something that evening that I will never forget. I am confident that the Lord's hand was on it and a very special little girl and family was blessed. I had tears streaming down my face as I was explaining to Ady what we were doing (although I knew she didn't grasp it at all), and I realized I learned the greatest lesson through it all. I love this time of year. When the world seems right, even in the midst of such sadness.

Christmas Day was so much fun. Ady loved her new kitchen from Santa. My mom (or...Santa?) always made sure that Jesus was a part of our Christmas, even in "his" note. He did the same thing for Ady :)


We had a relaxing New Year's Eve. We made cookies and went to church, then Ady got to go to Orange Leaf (her favorite....well more like mommy's!), and then we toasted around 8:30 and blew bubbles in the kitchen. :)

And I discovered that a night out doesn't hold a candle to a night in. This is what I was made for :)

I am so thankful for the many blessings we received this past year and eagerly look forward to how God will use us in 2012. Two months ago I didn't see how our present suffering could offer any good, but I'm starting to realize it more. Through our pain and uncertainty, I have discovered only a peace that can come from above. There is a lot in the air for the Bischoff family soon. A lot that might be changing, and a lot that may just stay the way it is. One thing I know for sure is, every tear that has left my face has been caught in the hands of the One who formed my heart. Every question has been heard and there is a
big plan that is unveiling soon. I don't want to miss a second of it! Happy New Year! :)

0 comments on "Goodbye, Hello!"

Post a Comment